Flight: A Novel Review

Flight: A Novel
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I have pretty much loved everything that I've read of Sherman Alexie's. He is absolutely brilliant, and his latest work is no exception. I found out about this book from a recent NPR interview with Mr. Alexie and bought it the next day. In a few short days, I was finished with it.
I'm not sure that it would have had such a strong impact on me if it hadn't been for the recent incident at VT. Such an event is difficult to make sense of, but reading this book about a person who justifies random murders in his head is eerily similar to what happened. Is killing ever all right? How many things do we justify to ourselves that may be in the scheme of things really unjustifiable?
What I was really in need of after something so awful was hope. This book helps give the reader hope that people can change; people can realize their mistakes and undo the brainwashing they have done to themselves.
In the end, a little bit of hope goes a long way, and this wonderfully written and insightful book manages to give just that. Please read it!!!

Click Here to see more reviews about: Flight: A Novel



Buy NowGet 20% OFF

Click here for more information about Flight: A Novel

0 comments:

Post a Comment