The Last Flight of the Scarlet Macaw: One Woman's Fight to Save the World's Most Beautiful Bird Review

The Last Flight of the Scarlet Macaw: One Woman's Fight to Save the World's Most Beautiful Bird
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I am a Belizean-American with an advanced degree in electrical engineering, a rare sub-species in my own right. I grew up in a family steeped in the history and politics of modern Belize -- many of the politicians named in this book are people whose careers and histories are intertwined with those of my own family. I have been to the unbelievably beautiful Belize Zoo with its amazing collection of animals and in 2004 I swam in a tributary of the Macal river with cascading pools like the one mentioned in the first chapter of the book. Belize is indeed a country blessed by God with beauty beyond its fair share and in general Belizeans jealously guard their natural resources. Belize's reputation as an eco-tourist haven is justly deserved.
Mr. Barcott has written an incredible book capturing much of the culture and spirit of Belize and its people, a gem of an introduction to the complicated country I love. I strongly recommend reading this book not just for the narrative about the dam or the eco-politics surrounding it, but also as a way of understanding the impact that technology and engineering ethics (or lack thereof) can have on a developing population with a limited or biased exposure to the facts undergirding complex technical issues. This is a narrative filled with enough double-dealing, courtroom drama, dirty tricks, quirky eccentrics, natural beauty and noble causes to keep the most jaded reader enthralled.

Click Here to see more reviews about: The Last Flight of the Scarlet Macaw: One Woman's Fight to Save the World's Most Beautiful Bird



Buy NowGet 32% OFF

Click here for more information about The Last Flight of the Scarlet Macaw: One Woman's Fight to Save the World's Most Beautiful Bird

0 comments:

Post a Comment