
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)Disclaimer: Whoever reads this book should have a box of Kleenex next to them.
I read this book in two hours. The only reason why it took me that long is because I was constantly sobbing and had to keep blowing my nose and wiping my eyes. I don't think I've ever encountered a book, at any time in my whole life, which had me crying so hard and having my heart feel so heavy.
Lisa Jefferson is the GTE operator who took the call with United 93's Todd Beamer and was the person who recited the Lord's prayer with him as he struggled to make sense of all that was happening on that fateful day of September 11th, 2001.
Not only does Jefferson recall the conversation with Beamer, but she also broadens the scope of the book to include the perspective of God's role in our lives and our role in God's life. She firmly believes that we all have a calling to which when the time comes, it is our opportunity to be of service to God.
It is truly an inspiring book - one that I could not put down (other than to wipe my tears away) - and is a book that others should read.
Honor the memories of Todd Beamer and the other heroes on United 93 by learning more about who they were and what they did for us as a nation, by reading "Called."
Click Here to see more reviews about: Called: Hello, My Name Is Mrs. Jefferson. I Understand Your Plane Is Being Hijacked. 9:45 Am, Flight 93, September 11, 2001
Lisa Jefferson, The 9-1-1 Operator who took the call fromTodd Beamer on United Airlines Flight #93 tells her unique storyfrom that fateful day. An ordinary man with an extraordinary faithled the charge that surely saved countless lives on September 11,2001. And now his story and the story of those courageous passengersare told by the woman who was on the phone when theplane went down. See how faith and courage led to swift, selflessaction (in the air and on the ground) in this recounting of the daythat changed America forever.

0 comments:
Post a Comment