
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)This book should trouble anyone who is serious about the TWA 800 case. I came to it from position of a sceptic about "conspiracy" theorists but the sheer volume of factual information here certainly points to a cover up. Certainly it was an abnormal crash investigation. Read about it yourself.
The failure to disclose the evidence of goverment rocketry experts, the discounting of the testimony of literally hundreds of eye witnesses (some with impeccable military backgrounds), the absence of any real evidence of fuel tank explosion, it all adds up to something fishy. And I'm no conspiracy minded person.
Two quibbles: the last pages of the book are marred by a silly fictional guess at a terrorist plot and the government's vidictive prosecution of the Sanders (particularly the innocent wife) may have been petty but he did take evidence without authority. We're not told the outcome of the case after conviction.
My concerns still remain in the area of too many people having to be involved to keep a cover up secret - but I do not discount the possibility for reasons of fear and misguided patriotism.
I believe the most likely explanation was that the airplane was brought down by a Navy missile, most likely fired in error. There were an unusual number of Navy ship in the vicinity a fact at first denied by the Navy. As for the Navy disclaimers I'm sorry to say that I discount those. The Navy has shown its ability to lie loyally in the "Liberty" case where they covered for Israel's attack on that vessel under political orders and they would have even greater reason to lie here. If I am correct otherwise honest people could be convinced that they must cover up "for the good of the country", the source of many evils.
Click Here to see more reviews about: The Downing of TWA Flight 800 - Abridged
The Downing of TWA Flight 800 is the first and only complete account and analysis of what really happened on July 17, 1996.
Click here for more information about The Downing of TWA Flight 800 - Abridged

0 comments:
Post a Comment