
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)I just finished Uncertain Flight, and when I picked it up I nearly finished it in 1 day. The book flows very well, and makes us care about the people in Ms. Knott's story. From her easy-going childhood on to the incredibly painful period the family was forced to endure during the war, I was in constant uncertainty about what would happen next. Anything could happen in that surreal atmosphere. But the writer never burdens us with too much detail. The pace of the unfolding story is just right.
Most importantly, reading about this family's suffering, and the fact that they were able get back to a semblance of normal life, reminded me that we have it very easy in modern Western life, and gave me a nice sense of perspective.
All in all, this was a very compelling story, smoothly written. I highly recommend it for its historical value, as well as its personal value.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Uncertain Flight
A memoir of a young girl of wealth and privilege, growing up in an idyllic village in Silesia, during the rise of the Third Reich. When the Nazis were crushed and the Russians overwhelmed the town, her life changed to one of poverty, deprivation, and fear. Knott describes how her family was uprooted and forcefully relocated from town to townâ¦enduring hunger, rape, and extreme hardship, before finally building a new life in America. A poignant, important historical experience; another view of the tragedies endured by civilians during WWII.

0 comments:
Post a Comment