Flight of the Hawk Review

Flight of the Hawk
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Once again Gwernin, the intrepid Welsh bard, ventures forth into adventure, learning, and some danger. This is a delightful read for those who love historical fiction and good storytelling. The stories within the stories are one of my favorite things about this book, as Gwernin travels throughout medieval Wales plying his bardcraft and learning from semi-mythic figures like Taliesin. The history feels absolutely solid, this is a medieval world view one can totally believe in. And since we work from Gwernin's point of view, the magic and the mundane are inextricably mixed, as they would have been for someone who lived in this period. We feel the cold, we warm at the fire, and we do believe in the world unseen. This is a delightful escape from the modern world, and a wonderful character about whose life we long to know more. At least I do. I'm very happy that this is a series and that I will have a chance to return to this amazing and realistic world. I am really enjoying my travels with Gwernin and hope they continue for a long time. Truly, if you enjoy a historical novel with fidelity to its time and place, you will like this book. It's a wonderful and fun read. I cannot recommend it too highly. Try it and you will like it.
Having read the first book in the series is not essential to reading this one, but if you like this one you should definitely give the first one a try. If you have read it, you'll want this one, too. Flight of the Hawk is a trip to medieval Wales that you won't want to miss.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Flight of the Hawk



Buy NowGet 10% OFF

Click here for more information about Flight of the Hawk

0 comments:

Post a Comment