
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)I have just finished reading 'The Making of a Flight Surgeon' and I would recommend this book to any pre-med student, military personnel, military wife, woman, or anyone who simply enjoys a good book! It is the only book I have been able to find that gives a great picture of what a 'flight surgeon' really does.
Being a female, I was not sure I would enjoy reading this book. However, once I started reading, I could not put it down. Although it is fiction, the stories are true to life. Being an ex-military wife, I was exposed to military physicians, and I can attest to the fact that the information regrding the military lifestyle is very accurate. The living environment, the location, the history, and the culture are all right on the mark.
For the women, the relationship of the flight surgeon and the female lead character in the book is very touching. It demonstrates the impact that 'we', females have on he male specie. When you finish reading this book, you'll wish that there were a sequel so tat you can learn the outcomes of the lives of the characters. In fact, I hope the author is writing a sequel.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Personally, I think it would make a great movie. There has certainly not been anything like this before.
Click Here to see more reviews about: The Making of a Flight Surgeon
"The Making of a Flight Surgeon" tells the story of a young man during his first year of practice as an Aerospace Medicine physician, i.e. "Flight Surgeon", in the U. S. Air Force. Written in first-person, the author GREGG BENDRICK is immersed in military customs and courtesies, and soon identifies readily with the pilots under his care. He develops a strong friendship with his supervisor, RUSSELL BRAKEFIELD, who gradually assumes the role of mentor. Against this backdrop of Air Force life and culture, Bendrick falls in love with a nurse named LYDIA FUENTES. His relationship with her changes his outlook on medicine, and begins to positively affect his clinical practice. Lydia is likewise changed, and her relationship with Bendrick facilitates her recovery from a psychologically traumatizing divorce. The strength of this relationship is tested when tragedy suddenly be falls the two of them. Lydia and Bendrick are forced to move on with their lives, but both are significantly changed as a result of their love for each other, and the events surrounding their relationship.
Click here for more information about The Making of a Flight Surgeon

0 comments:
Post a Comment