
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)I LOVED THIS BOOK! This book is beautifully written with factual information. It parallels human family life and demonstrates family values. Like the author, I live on the waters of the Chesapeake Bay and enjoy birdwatching. I am also fortunate to have a nearby osprey nest to observe. I purchased this book for my three and one-half year old great-nephew who has taken up birdwatching as a result of my babysitting him at my home. My nephew never fails to ask for my bird field guide book and binoculars. Our favorite bird species are subject of this book. My nephew also has a passion for books and learning so I got excited about purchasing the one for him after reading about it in a local paper. Even though he is a little young, I new that he would love having his grandmother read it to him (He and his grandmother have a special relationship when it comes to books). This book is timeless. I feel he will cherish it and probably read it to his children and grandchildren. The book delivered much more than I had anticipated and I highly recommend it. I am glad that the author chose to present actual photographs in lieu of illustrated characters.
Click Here to see more reviews about: Oscar and Olive Osprey: A Family Takes Flight (A Mom's Choice Awards Recipient)
Oscar and Olive Osprey tells the heartwarming story of two ospreys that come to live at the end of Janie Suss' pier on a platform built just for them. Janie watches as the two ospreys build their nest, raise three babies, and defend themselves and their offspring against predators. In addition to the exciting story, readers learn about ospreys' habitats, migration patterns, and other fun and interesting facts. As the young birds learn to hide, fly, and catch fish-all at a different pace and with different levels of success-children can relate to their own learning experiences. Filled with amazing color photographs, Oscar and Olive Osprey will delight children and parents alike, and inspire an emotional connection between their own lives and the lives of these beautiful creatures. For ages 9-12

0 comments:
Post a Comment